Submissions must be received by midnight PDT March 1, 2014. If you are experiencing technical problems, please follow the steps outlined below. If you need to make arrangements to submit your submission via mail, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. (Please note that mailed entries need to be postmarked by March 1, 2014.)
Last check: Does your film have the necessary identification to match it to your entry, release and copyright forms?
Your entry title needs to be in one of the acceptable formats listed in the contest rules under submission formats and submission identification. All forms and the submitted film need to have the same identification as specified below. This will allow the Directing Change Team to match up the entry form, submitted film and release forms.
- All forms need to include: Student Advisor Name, School Name, County in which School is Located, Student Name (s), Submission Category, Film Title
- Choose a unique name for your entry. Last year nearly 1 in 5 submissions had the same title. (The two most popular titles were “Suicide Prevention PSA” and “There is hope”.)
- Every film has to begin with a beginning title slide (not counted in the 60-second limit) that needs to include: The Film Title, the Submission Category, Student Advisor Name, School Name, County in which School is Located, and Student Name (s)
- The film file name must include the category initials (SP for Suicide Prevention and ES for Ending the Silence of Mental Illness), the school’s initials and the name of the county the school is located in. For example:
- SP_MHS_Mono_nameoffilm (MHS for Mammoth High School)
- ES_BSHS_SanDiego_nameoffilm (BSHS for Borrego Springs High School)
By uploading an entry student(s) named on the entry form automatically agree to the contest rules. After the submission is uploaded, print the confirmation page and give it to your school advisor for safe keeping!
Are you ready to upload your entry? Here’s what you need to do:
- Find and click your region below by identifying the county your school is in
- Upload your video to the appropriate category (suicide prevention or Ending the Silence of Mental Illness)
- Make sure your school advisor completes the Entry Form and submits all applicable release and copyright forms matching the identification information provided in your film.
If you are experiencing problems uploading, the following steps will solve 99% of issues:
- Try a different browser (e.g. if you are using Google Chrome, try Internet Explorer)
- Try uploading the video from a different computer (e.g. desktop, laptop, school/office computer)
- Try uploading the video from a different location (e.g. outside of school such as from home or a coffee shop)
If technical problems persist, please email: email@example.com and include your internet browser, the region you are trying to upload to, and a description of the problem you are experiencing. Please be assured that we will not disqualify any entries that did make the deadline as a result of a technical problem with uploading the video.
Find and click your region below
Region 1 – North Coast: Del Norte, Humboldt, Mendocino, Lake, Sonoma
Region 2 – Northeastern: Siskiyou,Modoc, Trinity, Shasta, Lassen, Plumas, Tehama,Glenn, Butte
Region 3 – Capital Service Region: Sierra, Nevada, Placer, El Dorado, Alpine, Yuba, Colusa, Sutter, Yolo, Sacramento
Region 4 – Bay: Napa, Solano, Marin, Contra Costa, San Francisco, Alameda, San Mateo
Region 5 – South Bay: Santa Cruz, Santa Clara, San Benito, Monterey
Region 6 – Delta Sierra: Amador, Calaveras, Tuolumne, Stanislaus, San Joaquin
Region 7 – Central Valley: Mariposa, Merced, Madera, Fresno, Kings, Tulare
Region 8 – Costa Del Surf: San Luis Obispo, Kern, Santa Barbara, Ventura
Region 9 – Southern: Orange, San Diego, Imperial
Region 10 – RIMS: Mono, Inyo, San Bernardino, Riverside
Region 11 – Los Angeles: Los Angeles